fishing rod and reel
Largs and District Angling Club logo

Largs and District Angling Club

Fishing locations

Largs and District Angling Club

In response to a notice appearing in the local press, a meeting of those interested in angling was held in the Masonic Hall, Largs on Wednesday 1st March 1944, and so the Largs Angling Club was formed. With an initial levy of one shilling and the membership restricted to 40 the Club acquired the fishing rights to the Noddsdale water. A ten year lease for Crosbie reservoir at West Kilbride was obtained in 1946 and a year later the rights to Middleton reservoir were acquired.

The 1950 records showed that sport in the Noddle was very good with 400 sea trout being a fair estimate of fish taken. Oh, to return to those days!

The fishing rights for the Gogo water were acquired from Halkshill Estates in 1965.
The Club then took over the fishing rights for Muirhead reservoir from a syndicate of local businessmen in 1972.

Due to numerous requests from anglers out with the town the Clubs name was changed in 1979 to “Largs and District Angling Club” covering the area defined by the former parishes of Skelmorlie, Largs, Fairlie and West Kilbride. However in more recent times the demand has meant that we will accept suitably proposed and seconded anglers from even further afield.

A lease to fish Outerwards reservoir was obtained in 1989, currently our Club can offer the widest choice of fishing in the area.

All our waters are covered by the West Strathclyde Protection Order which means that anglers must have written permission on their person when fishing our waters.

Latest News

<< <  Page 3 of 3

Jan 21, 2020

In line with the Scottish Governments easing of restrictions, fishing at Scottish Water reserviors are now premitted on condition that all actions follow the Government guidelines on Covid-19 and Omicron

Jul 14, 2010

Largs and District Angling Club now have an online presence with a new website created by Website Design Glasgow.

Latest Video