fishing rod and reel
Largs and District Angling Club logo

Largs and District Angling Club

Fishing locations

Largs and District Angling Club

In response to a notice appearing in the local press, a meeting of those interested in angling was held in the Masonic Hall, Largs on Wednesday 1st March 1944, and so the Largs Angling Club was formed. With an initial levy of one shilling and the membership restricted to 40 the Club acquired the fishing rights to the Noddsdale water. A ten year lease for Crosbie reservoir at West Kilbride was obtained in 1946 and a year later the rights to Middleton reservoir were acquired.

The 1950 records showed that sport in the Noddle was very good with 400 sea trout being a fair estimate of fish taken. Oh, to return to those days!

The fishing rights for the Gogo water were acquired from Halkshill Estates in 1965.
The Club then took over the fishing rights for Muirhead reservoir from a syndicate of local businessmen in 1972.

Due to numerous requests from anglers out with the town the Clubs name was changed in 1979 to “Largs and District Angling Club” covering the area defined by the former parishes of Skelmorlie, Largs, Fairlie and West Kilbride. However in more recent times the demand has meant that we will accept suitably proposed and seconded anglers from even further afield.

A lease to fish Outerwards reservoir was obtained in 1989, currently our Club can offer the widest choice of fishing in the area.

All our waters are covered by the West Strathclyde Protection Order which means that anglers must have written permission on their person when fishing our waters.

Latest News

<< <  Page 2 of 3  > >>

Jan 21, 2022

Two fee paying nights have been allocated for 2022, venue and dates below.

Dec 6, 2021

Club Constitution and Rules.

The substantial changes which have been made to the Constitution and Rules were approved at the AGM in November. Members should make themselves aware of how these changes may affect them by opening the link below.

Latest Video